598 Salk Hall
3501 Terrace Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15261
- Bachelor of Dental Medicine & Oral Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Alexandria University, Egypt (1995-2000)
- American National Board for Dental Examinations (2001)
- PhD, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy (2005-2009)
- Optimization of culture conditions for human BMSC proliferation and differentiation to regenerate a critical size bone defect together with the reestablishment of the stem cell niche.
- Characterization of osteoconductive scaffolds (HA/TCP and PLA/PGA), regarding their microstructure, potential of vascularization and their resorption/bone-depostion.
- Studying the contribution of an engineered periosteum-like membrane to enhance osteogenesis and angiogenesis in bone regeneration
- Bridging science to community: Translating research into social benefits.
- 2007-2008: travel grants from the University of Minho- Portugal to attend and present in the 4th and 6th Marie Curie cutting edge Invent conferences.
- July 2006-August 2009: Marie Curie Incoming International Fellowship from the European Commission (FP6)
- Engineering Craniofacial Structures: Facing the Challenge. Zaky SH and Cancedda R J Dent Res 88(12):1077-1091, 2009
- Platelet Lysate Favours in Vitro Expansion of Bone Marrow Stromal Cells for Bone and Cartilage Engineering. Zaky SH, Ottonello A, Strada P, Cancedda R, Mastrogiacomo M. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. December 2008; 2(8):472-81.